Who processes your Personal Data?
CapeRemit processes and stores Personal Data collected from you via your use of the Service or where you have given your consent.
We might ask you to provide us with Personal Data
CapeRemit may request that you provide Personal Data when offering the Service to you. This Personal Data may include contact details, copies of identification documentation derived from publically accessible databases, your social security number as well as information relating to your device or internet service (such as an IP address and a MAC number).
How we use your Personal Data
CapeRemit uses Personal Data to communicate with you and to administer, deliver, improve and personalise the Service. CapeRemit might also generate generic data out of any Personal Data we collect and use it for our own purposes.
We may also use such data to communicate with you in relation to other products or services offered by CapeRemit or its partners. CapeRemit may request that you confirm your consent to receive such communications (‘opt-in’) or to indicate that you would not like to receive such communications or that they should be discontinued (‘opt-out’). Where you opt-out, CapeRemit will not use your Personal Data for direct marketing.
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties (other than partners in connection with their services to CapeRemit) except where you have given your consent.
Sharing your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties:
- a) If we think that sharing is necessary to enforce the terms of a contract with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of CapeRemit or the services provided by CapeRemit.
- b) To enable us to comply with the law or to satisfy a legitimate government request or an order of any court of competent jurisdiction or any regulatory authority or, if necessary, to defend CapeRemit or its Subscribers (for example, in a lawsuit).
- c) In connection with the sale or transfer of our business or any part thereof.
- d) If you request a service or product that is administered by a third party, in order to allow us to respond to the request. If such third party is working for CapeRemit it may also send back to CapeRemit any new information obtained from you.
- e) To allow us to co-operate with law enforcement agencies to identify anyone who uses our Service for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we believe are unlawful including exchanging information with other companies, organisations and agencies for the purposes of fraud protection.
- f) To third parties who provide services to CapeRemit (such as such as administration or technical services). However we ensure that such partners do not use Personal Data for any other purposes, do not disclose it to anyone else and that they do not retain copies except as necessary to provide services to us or as required by law.
Storage, security and retention of your Personal Data
Personal Data that we collect is stored on our servers which may be located outside the EEA and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. We implement and maintain the highest levels of security to protect any information stored on our servers and to comply with all local rules.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. You should also be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data transmitted to our site outside our control.
We strive to collect no more Personal Data than is required. This helps reduce the total risk of harm should data loss or a breach in security occur.
Your passwords are stored on CapeRemit’s servers in encrypted form. We may disclose your first name and the first letter of your last name to other Subscribers, who are transacting with you via the Service.
Notification in the event of breach
It would be very unlikely, but if a breach in the security of Personal Data were to occur, we will notify you if you are actually or potentially affected. In this event we will contact you via email, in-Service messaging or publication on CapeRemit’s website. We reserve the right to delay notification if it is asked to do so by law enforcement or other authorities, or if giving notice immediately will increase the risk of harm to end-users overall.
Contacting CapeRemit about privacy questions or concerns
If you contact us by e-mail, we may keep a record of your correspondence and ask for your name and contact information in order to send you a reply.
You may access the information that CapeRemit holds about you by submitting a request to CapeRemit to the email address set out above. Please note that we may charge you an administrative fee to deal with any such requests.